Roasted Veggie Medley? Yes, Please! (A 15-Minute One Pan Recipe)
It's hard to imagine January has come and gone so soon! But believe it or not, another month is just about upon us.
With time slipping so quickly into the future, it's always refreshing to discover a quick and easy recipe that takes the guesswork out of dinner.
Since I've come across this recipe, it's been a go to at our house, for several reasons. But mainly because it's not only easy and healthy, it's DELICIOUS! And that's a winning combination in my book.
But don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. I guarantee your tastebuds will dance with joy at the explosion of roasted vegetable flavors as they mingle on your tongue. My personal favorites in this tantalizing medley are the charred broccoli, tomatoes, and red onion - I'm drooling just at the thought - YUM!
Another great reason to love this quick and easy recipe is that it is a great way to get your vegetable servings in, and is completely customizable., so feel free to use your favorite veggies.
Keep it totally vegan, and skip adding chicken to the dish. You can use the dish (with or without chicken) as a side dish or main course. It's totally up to you.
For Danny and I, this is an ideal meal when I'm in the mood for just veggies but he still wants some meat protein. Ah, compromise never tasted so good!
Healthy, 15-Minute, One Pan Roasted
Veggie Medley and Chicken
2 medium chicken breasts (optional)
1 bell pepper (color of your choice, I opted for green)
1/2 red onion
1 green zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 package grape tomatoes (or 1/2 cup tomatoes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt, to taste (or 1/2 teaspoon)
Black Pepper, to taste (or 1/2 teaspoon)
Paprika, to taste (or 1/4 teaspoon; optional)
Italian Seasoning, to taste (or 1 teaspoon; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop all the veggies into large pieces, but to the side.
3. OPTIONAL: Cut the chicken breast into cubes.
4. Place the chicken and veggies on an oven sheet pan. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and italian seasoning. Toss to combine.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until veggies are charred and chicken is cooked.
- It's important to note that chicken is completely optional in this dish, the veggies are the real stars here.
- You can serve this dish with rice (we often eat it alongside brown rice), pasta, bread (garlic bread maybe? Mmmm) or even a salad.
- You can further customize this dish using whatever veggies you want! You could easily use different types of bell peppers.
- I gave my mom this recipe, and she made it sans chicken and added carrots and green beans. And loved it! We've also talked about adding eggplant next time.
- I would suggest for every additional 2-3 cups of veggies added, you add an additional tablespoon of olive oil.
- My recipe is a slight variation to one I found on Gimme Delicious.
If this quick vegetable medley dish sounds like music to your ears, give it a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Happy. Healthy. Delicious. Eating!
Forks up - Cheers,